Keeping people and facilities safe is a primary concern for everyone in facilities. No matter who you are or where you are with your program, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- What safety and security risks are present in and around your facilities?
- How will you prioritize and address them?
- Do people in your facilities know how to respond in an emergency?
- When an event occurs, how will you maintain operations short-term and long-term?
- Do you have training in place to support your programs?
Our broad base of safety and security experience, combined with our knowledge of building operations, maintenance and capital planning, will provide you with a much-needed perspective on how facilities are planned, managed and operated over their life cycle to ensure that they provide a safe, sustainable environment.
The cornerstone of an effective security program is a physical security plan that includes the right elements for your organization – physical elements, procedures, processes and the ability to evaluate risks to your people and property.
It starts with a physical security assessment. Our team can help you build your security plan by starting with an objective, top-down security assessment that employs the rigor and discipline of our patented methodology to ultimately develop a customized roadmap for improvement. Our methodology is based on four key components:
Understanding physical security is one part of a comprehensive approach. The other element is emergency preparedness.
An emergency preparedness program addresses risks, a plan for how to respond to those risks and education and training to support a cohesive outcome. Utilizing our extensive experience, national guidelines, industry best practices and proprietary tools, we can assist you with:
- Emergency plan development
- Security policy and procedure development
- Facility security consulting technical assistance
- Education and training (e.g. tabletop exercises, active shooter training, lockdown drills, full-scale exercises)
Emergency Response and Business Resilience
Are you prepared for the first 24 hours after an emergency? What about the next 24 days to continue operations? Business resilience is the ability to rapidly adapt and respond to business disruptions, safeguard people and assets, while maintaining continuous business operations. It helps enable an entity to respond, resume and restore to a predetermined level of operation following a disruption.
FEA takes a holistic view of risk management to help organizations identify, avoid, mitigate and recover from adverse events. Our framework includes four key components:
- Understanding the current state (physical security)
- Emergency preparedness planning
- Emergency response planning that allows for effective business continuity
- Education and training
By integrating these three key areas: physical security, emergency preparedness and business resilience, the outcome will be facilities that are resilient, safe, healthy, productive and efficient.