The James River Green Building Council (JRGBC) has invited FEA to conduct Lunch-and-Learn webinars for those interested in obtaining their LEED Green Associate credential. Members can watch at their desks over lunch breaks and get prepared!
This three part series will be held on Tuesdays from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST starting August 3, 2010.
August 3, 2010
Session #1: Introduction to LEED, the Credentialing Program, and the LEED Online Process
- Gain a general understanding of what the various LEED rating systems are and their goals.
- Learn the basic application requirements and general exam content for the new LEED credentialing system.
- Learn how to navigate the LEED Online process and LEED Online project resources.
August 10, 2010
Session #2: Project Site Factors, Water Management, and Energy Impacts
- Learn how the location of a building and its surroundings can impact sustainability
- Identify water efficiency measures to improve water management.
- Understand the importance of energy conservation measures to achieve operational sustainability.
August 17, 2010
Session #3: Project Materials and Surroundings
- Gain a general understanding of ongoing consumables, durable goods, and sustainable purchasing materials and the role they play in sustainability.
- Learn the importance of a waste stream audit and its elements.
- Learn how to build a successful LEED project team.
The cost for this series is $150 for JRGBC Members and $175 for non-members. Pre-registration is required. If you have more than one person who would like to participate at your company, each additional attendee who would like to receive a certificate is only $100.