Illinois School Safety Conference 2021
White Eagle Events & Convention Center, Niles, Illinois
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
White Eagle Events & Convention Center
6839 North Milwaukee Avenue, Niles, Illinois
Register by September 30. Free for school and public safety personnel, thanks to our generous sponsors.
This one-day conference features presentations by experts in school safety and crisis prevention with actionable take-away and proven strategies.
Hear the latest approaches for 2021, learn how others are solving common challenges, and enhance the safety and security of your school with advice from top experts.
Who Should Attend?
- District and School Administrators
- Police and Fire Departments
- Transportation Directors
- Safety and Emergency Managers
School Safety Conference includes:
- Keynote speakers and panel discussions addressing the issues that matter most to you
- Onsite vendors offering the latest safety products and services
- Complimentary continental breakfast and lunch
- Professional development paperwork provided
- Alicia Tate-Nadeau, Director, Illinois Emergency Manager Agency: Safe2Help Illinois
- Adam Carson, Impairment Detection, Active Patrol Sergeant and Drug Recognition Expert, “Drugs in Schools: The Importance of Impairment Recognition”
- Paul Timm, PSP, Facility Engineering Associates, P.C., “School Security Lessons & Concerns as We Emerge from COVID”
- Molly Bradley Hudgens, School Counselor, Sycamore Middle School, Congressional Medal of Honor Citizens Honor Recipient, “Recognizing Red Flags – An Educator’s Role in Preventing School Violence”
- Nick Chernoff, Senior Threat Analyst, Safer Schools Together, “Responding to Digital Threats – A Review of Recent Cases, Lessons Learned, and Challenges that Frontline Investigators Currently Face”
- Ashley Reichert Oglesby, Assistant Center Chief, Illinois State Police, Statewide Terrorism & Intelligence Center
- Stefan Bjes, Sergeant, Addison Police Department, “Responding to Students with Autism – Tips and Strategies for Law Enforcement and School Officials”
Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois Emergency Management Agency, Facility Engineering Associates, P.C., Niles Police Department, Township High School District 211, Illinois School Resource Officers Association, Illinois State Police, School District 89 (Maywood, Melrose Park and Broadview), Archdiocese of Chicago Office of Catholic Schools, North Cook Intermediate Service Center, and Proviso Area for Exceptional Children