Maureen Roskoski contributed a chapter on Education, Training and Practice Scenarios for The Community Resilience Handbook published by the American Bar Association. The Community Resilience Handbook is an excellent resource for state and local officials, disaster relief organizations, and others who want to create communities that are more capable of resisting and quickly recovering from natural disasters and other extreme events. The book includes coverage of the following:
- Recommended approaches and resources;
- Resilient infrastructure;
- Avoiding legal challenges to higher standards for development and redevelopment;
- Organizational resilience and business continuity;
- Resilient agriculture and environmental considerations;
- Financial considerations;
- Measuring and assessing risk;
- The role of lawyers in promoting resilience;
- Government leadership in promoting resilience;
- Collaboration and building a culture of continuity; and
- International standards on resilience.
Click here to order the book.