Michael Payne was awarded a certificate of completion on November 14th from the Washington, D.C. Post of the Society of American Military Engineers 2016 Leadership and Mentoring Program. This is a one-of-a-kind program developed to give young leaders an early opportunity to meet with and study under some of the country’s top military officers and A/E executives.
The Leadership and Mentoring Program goals are:
- Discuss leadership concepts to develop greater understanding of leadership at all levels
- Provide the opportunity to be mentored by SAME Fellows and other senior leaders on their leadership experiences, successes and failures
- Provide SAME Young Members with an enriching experience to support their professional and personal growth
- The program consisted of:
- 10 Young Member participants
- Meetings once a month from January – October with guest speakers
- Three dinners sponsored by SAME Academy of Fellows, US Army Corps of Engineers and American Society of Civil Engineers
- Group discussion of The 360° Leader and other articles on leadership
Congratulations to Mike Payne for graduating from the SAME leadership program!