LEED Green Associate Study Preparation Webinar Series
FEA is conducting web-based training to help you prepare for the LEED Green Associate test through the James River Green Building Council. The training is comprised of four 1-hour sessions, once a week, for 4 weeks starting on September 10th. Watch at your desk over your lunch break from 12:00-1:00 pm and get prepared! Miss a session? They will be recorded and posted online afterward for your review. All are welcome, chapter members and non-members. This training will allow you to sit for the LEED Green Associate test. FEA is an experienced education provider who also practices in the realm of sustainability in existing buildings. They are instructors with IFMA teaching the new SFP Course and with George Mason University, teaching courses for their Professional Certificate in Sustainability for Existing Buildings and have conducted LEED Green Associate and LEED AP study sessions for the National Capital Region Chapter of the US Green Building Council and the JRGBC.
LEED Green Associate Study Sessions
- Gain a general understanding of what the various LEED rating systems are and their goals.
- Learn the basic application requirements and general exam content for the LEED credentialing system.
- Learn how to navigate the LEED Online process and LEED Online project resources.
- Learn how the location of a building and its surroundings can impact sustainability.
- Understand the connection between energy and your site location: your carbon footprint.
- Identify water efficiency measures to improve water management.
- Understand the importance of energy conservation measures to achieve operational sustainability.
- Learn how to build a successful LEED project team.
- Learn how to use the triple bottom line approach to make project decisions.
Session #4: Project Materials and Project Surroundings
- Gain a general understanding of ongoing consumables, durable goods, and sustainable purchasing materials and the role they play in sustainability.
- Learn the importance of a waste stream audit and its elements.
- Understand the importance of indoor environmental quality.