FEA specializes in helping our clients plan, manage, and operate their facilities in a cost effective, safe and healthy manner. Our services include facility strategic planning, facility operational and capital budgeting, operations and maintenance consulting, repair and restoration engineering, FM process and technology consulting, facility resilience, and physical security and emergency preparedness planning.
FEA is seeking interns to assist engineers, project managers, and other professionals with project and non-project related work. Interns may be exposed to a wide variety of building systems and facility types, learning how to find and make recommendations to correct deficiencies with those systems. Interns will gain valuable insight into the consulting side of the engineering business and may engage with both clients and contractors in the performance of their work. They may help perform field evaluations of existing facilities to assess building systems such as roofing and waterproofing, exterior envelope, concrete balconies, parking garages, structural framing, ADA compliance, and building equipment inventory data collection. Office work may include research, analysis, written deliverables, and preparation of CAD drawings. Local and out-of-town travel may be required.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering
- Above average skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Expertise with databases and programming is a plus
- Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for any required local travel is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to function as a team member
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below.