FEA specializes in helping our clients plan, manage, and operate their facilities in a cost effective, safe and healthy manner. Our services include facility strategic planning, facility operational and capital budgeting, operations and maintenance consulting, repair and restoration engineering, FM process and technology consulting, facility resilience, and physical security and emergency preparedness planning.
FEA is looking for an experienced, detailed-oriented Cost Estimator to prepare detailed cost estimates for projects, across a broad range of clients ranging from concept level (rough order of magnitude) to schematic design level and final construction documents. Responsibilities include: using industry accepted methods, and cost data such as RS Means; working with project team members to understand project scope and details in development of estimates, where provided input may be at the concept/schematic level; coordinating with project team to create and provide deliverables to meet project-specific formats; and establishing and maintaining various cost databases and analysis tools. Projects to be estimated will vary between new construction, alterations, and repair/rehabilitation. Projects will vary by location across the United States, including a range between metropolitan and remote areas. Projects can vary across a broad range of client-types, including commercial, education, residential, industrial, parks and recreation, and transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree plus six years of relevant experience, or Associate’s degree plus eight years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RS Means and other industry standard cost estimating references.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral communication skills and technical writing ability.
- Excellent capabilities with Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to review and prepare estimates for all elements of construction including architecture, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, civil, and structural.
- Possess an understanding of construction means, methods, and sequences, and ability to infer project scope details based on high-level conceptual scopes of work.
- Ability to consider all aspects of costs within industry standard cost estimating references and ability to adjust for project specific details, including but not limited to, location/remoteness factors, local labor pool, specific project work rate efficiencies/inefficiencies, specific project general condition requirements, contracting requirements, local taxes, etc.
- Ability to relate well with clients.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to function independently as well as within a group.
- Ability to travel.
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below.